Mrs. Yogi Patel saw her two children thrive in the Montessori environment in Atlanta, Georgia which showed her the potential of the Montessori methods. After moving to San Diego in 1999, Mrs. Patel decided to go back to school for her AMI diploma which she earned in 2000. She established Kinderhouse Montessori School in 2001 in the Scripps Ranch suburb of San Diego. The school moved to the Sorrento Valley (Mesa) area in early 2006. The school is a labor of love and a product of Mrs. Patel’s vision of educational excellence combined with her unique ability to empathize with children and parents alike.
Our mission is to educate children of all cultures and backgrounds using the Montessori methods in compliance with AMI standards to provide a solid foundation for the rest of the children’s lives.
Our vision is to provide the best early childhood education in a home-like environment through the use of the Montessori philosophy for people of all cultural and economical backgrounds around the world. Every child should have the opportunity to learn about life through the natural Montessori methods.
- We love each and every child at our schools unconditionally. Each child is unique and each child deserves individual nurturing, attention, stimulation, and education.
- We adhere to the Montessori principles and the standards set by AMI and will always strive to be the best teachers, work with the best materials, and provide the warmest environment.
- We will treat all members of our Kinderhouse family – children, parents, teachers and staff – with the utmost respect
- Honesty & Integrity
- We will always be truthful to our children, teachers, staff members, and parents. We will keep our promises, and we will uphold our principles and follow our policies.
- We seek to understand our children and their circumstances. We care for the “whole” child and his family.
- We strive to build a community around our children, their families, our teachers, and our neighbors. We want to cultivate the child’s sense of belonging and cohesion.
- We take responsibility for educating each child over a three year period so that they have a solid foundation upon which to build their lives. We are responsible for teaching them to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, divide, analyze, cooperate, communicate, and to be inquisitive and independent.